Thursday, October 22, 2009

New Life in My Life

My wife is about to have a child. OUR child. Not our first, this beautiful child will be our third together. She had two before we met and so this is her fifth. Do not try and judge her and if you do decide to place her in your judgment, then judge me too. I had two before we met as well. All four children from our previous relationships are mixed and yet we are both African American. We also had one child out of wedlock together.

That said, I was not a minister at that time. There was no Christianity, no God, no prayer, and no faith for me. My wife was more Muslim than Christian, but still a wonderful person. It was she who helped me to build back into what I needed to be. It was her encouragement that made me feel the need to change my life, my whole paradigm and seek the Lord. I had never been in a relationship that had so much care and support, but to my astonishment she took to Christianity very well and since then we have begun our trek into Life Eternal.

Life Eternal. It takes so much more than lip service and Sunday mornings. It takes more than discipline, dedication, and belief. It takes more than what we call "faith". It takes knowledge. Not the type that is gained through reading books and learning, but knowledge of the truth. Knowledge of God and his existence. Far too often have I been looked at funny when it comes to my saying that God is in control. People say it all of the time but how many really know for sure? Not many. Why do I say that? Well, it starts with my child.

I will be naming my new daughter Amarachi N'Gozi. This is Igbo for God's grace and blessings. Why am I naming her such? Because I took every precaution not to have another child. We already have six together, so a seventh would be a financial strain correct? No one has that many children in this age, it just isn't right. You have to use birth control methods, you have to to get permanently "fixed". Where does God fit into that logic? Oh, I guess now you say, "God gave us the technology for proper drugs, surgery, and condoms." The same logic can be used to ask about nuclear weapons, tanks, and poison. Truthfully that is not my point. You see, we were using birth control.

Yes, we were using birth control and still my wife will be giving birth. Was it not good enough, or was it an act of God? Take time to ponder that last question.

I am married and in love with my wife. Life isn't perfect, but we are working hard at it and living in prayer. Yes, we struggle and endure. Money comes slow, we are always behind, and need a bigger vehicle. We do not complain though. We praise God for what we have.

If anyone thinks that they have better advice than this let me know...

Trust in God, he never puts anything on you that you cannot bear.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Clarence! This is Ashley Carter, and I am glad to see you are doing so well. I stumbled on your blog and I am very happy for you and your family. Your wife is beautiful, too. I wish you and your family the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.

    I wish you luck on your spiritual journey.

    S.O.D.

    ReplyDelete